It’s still January, so I think that means that it’s still ok for me to wish you a Happy New Year. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays and have found your way back to your routines.
I have made this recipe a few times over the last few months and J and I have really enjoyed it! It’s the perfect soup for cold January weather – and is also super healthy, so great for keeping new year’s resolutions! It came together one night before we were travelling when I was trying to figure out how to use to broccoli and bok choy that were left in my fridge. I found this soup recipe, and changed it to add some spices, some lentils and some other veggies. The result was awesome! I’ve been meaning to share it with you for a while. Here is the recipe:
*Also, you’re going to have to forgive my laziness with picture taking lately. I do intend to get back to my SLR soon!
B&B’s Curry-Ginger Vegetable Soup
- Sauté onion and three cloves of chopped garlic in grape seed oil for about ten minutes.
- Add the broccoli, bok choy, lentils and carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and curry, ginger, cumin and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the broccoli and bok choy are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before it is finished add one chopped clove of garlic.
- Puree and then add lemon juice.