Happy Tuesday everyone!
Our summer vacation has officially ended and today J started law school and I started my new job. For the next few months I’ll be working from home which I think will be a nice treat. We’ve set up a little home office for me and I am really looking forward to spending my days at home and being able to take advantage of the flexibility that comes along with that. I know that I’ll miss the people interaction but hopefully the convenience of the arrangement will outweigh that.
Remember when I told you about those pomegranate molasses I bought at the Middle East grocer and how I promised greatness? Well, I’ve concocted this recipe for pomegranate-feta burgers that I think you might like. Hopefully you will have some time to squeeze in a few more bbq dinners before the fall officially hits.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (ideally Macedonian feta)
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, cheese, soy sauce, pomegranate molasses, egg, onion soup mix, garlic, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Form into patties.
- Grill patties for 5 minutes per side on the hot grill, or until well done.