Bye bye old home…
Bye bye old home! We are officially moved out – and ready to drive across the country (18 hours not including the overnight stop half-way) to our new home (boy this country is big)!
Here are some shots I took of our home before we started packing – as well as a shot of the canal – where I spent much of my time this year – walking, running, thinking, and even skating. I have also loved living on top of the papery – a stationery store where I could spend hours upon hours just looking at all the pretty paper.
It has been one amazing year – full of challenges, growth and learning. I have gotten to know some amazing people who I know are going to be permanent fixtures in my life no matter where we go. I am sad to be leaving, but looking forward to what comes next. More updates soon!
Things I will miss about Ottawa
1. Saturday morning brunch at lieutenant’s pump
2. Runs along the canal in the summer and skating along the canal in the winter
3. Body attack classes with my favorite instructor Mike
4. Sundays with my in-laws
5. Burgers at Quinns’
6. Walks by Parliament and through Majors Park
7. The Sconewitch
8. Being right in the thick of things when an election gets called!
9. The Glebe – Everything: the shops, the houses and especially the “Great Glebe Garage Sale”